Sunday, July 22, 2012

Missing Texas kids found in Oklahoma - KXII-TV

by Anonymous on Jul 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I don't know the specifics in this case, but I know that the power given to Child Protection Services is scary. On the other hand, I wouldn't want that job, either. It's a no win situation where common sense and discretion are not valued. My two year old burned his leg when he climbed onto a bathroom vanity and turned the hot water on with his leg under the spout. Because I was a little loud when the emergency room staff took their sweet time tending to my screaming child, they reported us to CPS and we got a home visit. Everything turned out fine but had that agent wanted to, or I had refused him entry into my house, he could have turned our lives into a hell and we had little power to stop it. Luckily, that agent was humble and open to the facts and not out to throw around his state sponsored power. But, I'm sure we now have a file somewhere about the reported suspicion of our 'child abuse' all because I had the temerity to suggest to a male nurse that his priority should be to take care of a toddler screaming in pain instead of chatting up another nurse and telling me not to stand on the freshly mopped floor. (@MCSO)

You have successfully replied to this comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment