This post originally ran on our Biz Beats Blog.
Now that Trader Joeâs is open in Plano, expect to soon hear details about its Lower Greenville store.
Those folks at Trader Joeâs are a crafty bunch when it comes to hoopla and publicity. Itâs Trader Joeâs style to let each location have its 15 minutes of fame before they start talking big about the next new store.
Just because 2001 Greenville Ave. remains a vacant lot, some people think itâs history. Hereâs some ammo to use with that neighbor who is sure itâs not going to be built.
1. Direct doubters to Trader Joeâs website. (Says itâs coming 1st quarter 2013. Itâs pretty easy to fix, if thatâs a typo.)
2. Quit talking about that nightclub on the back of the property as proof that thereâs still much to be untangled on that lot. What used to be called Encore, and Torch before that, has been closed for more than a year.
3. It takes little time to demolish an empty building.
4. And it doesnât take that long to build a 15,000 square foot rectangle building, notes developer Jonathon Hetzel of Madison Partners LLC. âItâs not a terribly complicated project, although itâs going to be an attractive building, weâre not talking about a one million square foot multi-use project here.â
5. TJ spokeswoman Alison Mochizuki said itâs still scheduled. (I have reasons to believe her.)